Consumers today are programmed to go online. They do their research there.
They do their shopping there. It’s the place to be.
- 52% of consumers say watching videos make them more confident to buy products
- 60% of the time a video is available, consumers will watch it
- 174% are more likely to purchase a product among shoppers who watch this media
- 76% of marketers are adding video to their websites and posting them to social media
- 70% of B2B marketers use this type of content (up from 52% in 2011)
- Emails that include the word video in the subject line are opened 7%-13% more than those that do not
Sometimes you have to go back in order to move forward. The best way to do this in video production is to analyze what has been done before. We call this a communications audit.When we do audits for our clients, we review everything that has been produced or that is available in previous campaigns.
Video can be a powerful ally in marketing, promotions, sales and every other aspect of an organization, but it does require strategy to be effective.
Like any tactic in a communications plan, video has its own strengths and weaknesses.Here is our best advice for creating an effective campaign: